Applicants are encouraged to apply throughout the year and as early as possible. Forms of financial aid and awards are available and have deadlines for applying. Applicants will be considered for admission on the basis of an earned high school diploma or General Education Development (GED). Acceptance is also subject to minimum and maximum class size and academic scheduling requirements. Acceptance for admission only indicates that the applicant meets the minimum acceptance requirements. Applications for admission are accepted throughout the year.
Applying for admission can be done by following these simple steps and requirements:
- Fill out the Student Data Sheet
- Provide documented proof of high school graduation or the attainment of a General Education Development (GED)
- Be interviewed and assessed by the Admissions Representative.
- Score a minimum 12.0 on the Level D Reading portion of the Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) Survey.
- Complete an admissions application and submit a $25 (non-refundable) application fee.
- All accepted students must attend an orientation prior to starting classes
The Education and Technology Institute has an articulation agreement with Laurel Business Institute in Uniontown and Douglas Education Center in Monessen for graduates of the Computerized Office Technology Program.
Credit by Exam
Students applying to the Education and Technology Institute who wish to be exempt from a course must demonstrate proficiency through an academic assessment to be administered by the school no later than two (2) weeks prior to the start of the term. A student may only be exempt through Credit by Exam in the following courses: Introduction to Computers, Word I, Keyboarding I, Spreadsheet I, Business English I, and Business Math. Students can be exempt from no more than five (5) credits.
Contact Our Admissions Representative
at 724-836-2395 ext. 279